I’ve been writing fewer articles lately, and one of the reasons is that some time ago I started to judge myself more (yeah, I know…I probably need more cannabis!), so now I tend to write longer and more heavily edited articles. So this is my attempt to break that habit.
Last year (wow, is it really that long?) we wrote about the tCheck and did a full product review. We were impressed with the unit itself, but a bit concerned about the accuracy and repeatability of its measurements. We’ve been a bit frustrated since then because we had some testing to do on the Levo Oil Infuser we wrote about a few months ago that didn’t seem to work properly with the tCheck.
Well, if there’s one thing we’re perhaps too good at, it’s patience, but finally tCheck has come through with a software update that actually checks out. It is properly labeled 2.0, because from what we understand it represents a newer approach to calculating THC internally, and it seems to solve the problems we saw before. Hint: if you can’t get the update, try a different WiFi login or a hotspot, apparently their software can be wonky with WiFi.
In particular, the new measurements (of our old products) not only check out with our calculated potencies, but also with published potency for a commercial product. So we’re seeing a number of approaches that verify the results. And apart from coconut oil, we also got results that matched our experiences with infused olive oil as well as Gold Dragon tincture.
The tCheck people are working on all kinds of new good stuff. I’m sure they’re celebrating right now, but the good vibes from getting past this hurdle will hopefully speed up things for their design team!